Wednesday, April 16, 2008

In all things God works ...

I love it when God shows up. If you have been reading about some of the things that have happened in our household over the last few days you know that we have been a little discouraged.
Let me catch you up on the next part of the story. As I was driving home from a LTC board meeting on Friday Julie called me with the total of the bills.
I had no idea how much it cost to jack up a house and put in a new base plate (12 feet or so) and I had no idea how much it cost for them to tear up the house and remove the bad wood. I also got the bill for the termite guy to come and treat the ground and house. To say the least I was concerned (OK I was worrying). When Julie called me with the totals she began to cry and I almost had to pull off of the highway.
God had already given us the money - the total was not much more than what the insurance guy had given us for just the water damage.
I love it when God shows up. Romans 8:28 is still true "In all things God works ..."

1 comments:

meemee said...

Sounds like things are going to turn out ok. I know you'll be living in a mess for a while but it will all be ok, someday. One of John's favorite sayings is "If it weren't for the rocks in the stream, the river wouldn't sing."