Saturday, June 7, 2008

PS Week 1 photos!




So week 1 was Travis Thornton and Peter Dalstrom at the helm. It was a week of 4th-7th graders, and overall a real blast. I had a few homesickers, and all but one of those got over it pretty quick though except for.....well, let's talk about him real fast. I had an autistic barely 9 year old kid who cried at just about everything and one of the only methods of stopping the crying was piggyback rides. Here's the kicker. He was a fat kid. All of the guy counselors shoulders are awful sore today, especially Trey's.
The week overall went well, with a few staff mishaps that ranged from funny to downright frustrating. For instance, a funny one was Mrs. Dalstrom talking to Josh GALINDO about the "wetbacks" they were going to visit on their next mission trip. The frustrating one starts here. There was an ape suit at camp, some people thought it would be funny to scare the kids by making it seem like a bear/bigfoot in the woods. I was among these as were some counselors. It backfired, and we had half a crying camp. That's fine, and we had to deal with lots of crying kids. What WASN'T fine was that the staff went back to playing 42 (dominoes) instead of helping with the crying kids. So I got the privilege of staying up most of the night consoling kids that had nightmares or were homesick, or both. I loved my cabin though, and Trey liked most of his. I'm sad most of them are gone, and ecstatic a few of the others are gone, but I guess that's just how it goes. I'd upload more pictures but it was going incredibly slow, so for the full album, check my Facebook or Myspace! Also, the format on this blog is annoying me. All the pictures are formatted to the LEFT, yet one is floating in the middle. And I can't separate these paragraphs to save my life....gah...


2 comments:

Juanda said...

Glad you guys had a good start!

J. Tom Washburn said...

I am sooooo glad that you guys had a good first week. I look forward to seeing both of you soon