Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Week 6!

So, week 6 was David Harrelson's week. The major difference for this week was that instead of doing lots of things in cabins, we did "families". A family was a mix of guys/girls of all ages, and you did everything with them that week. The above picture has a few of my family members in it, but that's mostly some kids from my favorite church group so far, Weatherford. One other interesting note about the families, counselors paired up as husband and wife, and the kids called us "mom and dad". That was WEIRD. However, I got so used to it, that this week when a girl was running up to the dining hall and was yelling "Dad!" ...I turned around and looked hah.




That picture, though it looks like a big group is less than half of my family. When we took a "family picture" the person messed up on my camera, so this is a Saturday morning picture when everyone was leaving. My "wife" is the one in the pink, Kelli Click, and we had 19 kids that week. Our family was a pretty even mix of guys and girls of most ages, but Trey's family had a lot of older guys and a lot of little girls. The little girls got pretty attached to their dad Trey, and Trey even overcame his competitive nature and joined their volleyball team for the tournament instead of one of the better teams. What a good dad!

That's a picture of me and my son Alec, in our matching shirts. And yes, I know, I know, I had a brown son. That's okay though, because Trey had 3 black daughters. So, Trey's wife cheated on him more than mine cheated on me. One huge thing about last week was the fact that we got about an average of 6 hours of sleep a night. One night they kept us up so late we lost 3 hours of sleep and gave us an extra 1 in the morning. Also, another interesting fact about last week was that it rained for 28 hours straight. That kind of put a damper on the Olympics they had planned and the volleyball tournament, though it all ended up well. Basically though, we're very ready for our week off. I'm planning on just sleeping by the pool all next week, and actually watching...TV!

1 comments:

J. Tom Washburn said...

I hope you guys know just how proud we are of you.